- Wednesday, April 8: Finish Jones 6B and start 6C
- Monday, April 6: Finish Jones 6A
- Friday, April 3:
- Wednesday, April 1: Finish Jones 5E, start Jones 6A.
- Monday, March 30: Read the rest of Jones 5D
- Friday, March 27: Read §3.4 in the notes (to come); compare Jones 5C.
- Wednesday, March 25: Reach §3.3 in the notes; compare Jones 4B-C.
- Monday, March 23: read §3.2 in the notes; compare Jones 4A.
This is a second course in real analysis, further developing the concepts presented in MATH 310. Topics may include basic measure theory, the Lebesgue measure and Lebesgue’s theory of integration, normed linear spaces, and a rigorous treatment of limits and calculus in multidimensional spaces.
The course syllabus is available here.
- Complete Notes
- Section 0: Motivation
- Section 1: Euclidean Space
- Section 2: Lebesgue Measure
- Section 3: Interesting Sets
- Section 4: Integration
- Homework 1 due Wednesday, January 29
- Homework 2 due Friday, February 7
- Homework 3 due Friday, February 14
- Homework 4 due Friday, March 27
- Homework 5 due Friday, April 3
- Homework 6 due Friday, April 10
- Test 1
- Test 2
There is no mandatory textbook for this course. I will post complete lecture notes and homework assignments on this page, and you do not need to purchase a textbook.
The primary reference I will be using is Lebesgue Integration on Euclidean Space by Frank Jones. I will also refer to Measure, Integral, and Probability by Marek Capińsky and Ekkehard Kopp.